DAHI PARMAL CURRY (POINTED GOURD CURRY)
|Parmal (pointed gourd)||250 gms|
|Poppy Seeds (khus-khus)||2 tbsp paste|
|Mustard Oil||4 tbsp|
|Kalonji (Black Onion Seeds)||1/2 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Grated Coconut||2 tbsp|
|Ginger Paste||1 tsp|
|Dry Bay Leaf||1 leaf|
|Salt||According to your taste|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 tbsp|
|Green Chillies||3 - 4|
|Jeera Powder||1/2 tbsp|
- Wash the parmal and peel it . add some slits on it .
- Marinate the parmal with haldi and salt
- Take a bowl and add curd it . then add haldi , salt, red chili powder .
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl and make paste out of it.
- Heat a pan , then add 2 tbsp of mustard oil and stir fry the marinated parmal in it.
- Keep the parmal aside
- In the same pan add the rest of the oil in it .
- Then add kalonji and dry bay leaf in it
- Then add khus khus paste and ginger paste .
- Mix them well and let it fry for a min or two, then add the prepared curd paste in it.
- When the masala is prepared ,add sugar in the and then add the fried parmal in it .
- Add the grated coconut in it .
- Add a cup of water and add slit cut chilies in it. then cover it .
- Let it simmer for 4-5 mins .
- Add garam masala in it and mix.
The dahi parmal curry is now ready . garnish it with some grated coconut and chilies.
SERVE IT WITH RICE OR ANY PREFERRED BREAD