Sarson Ka Saag & Makki di Roti
|Green Mustard (Sarson) Leaves||1 kg|
|Palak / Spinach Leaves||500 gms|
|Green Chillies||7 - 8|
|Garlic Cloves||8 - 10|
|Ginger finely chopped for Tadka||50 gms|
|Desi Ghee||2 service spoons / 4 - 5 tablespoons|
|Makki Atta (Aalan)||1 tablespoon|
Recipe Type: Lunch or Dinner
For Saag :
- Clean Mustard leaves, Palak / Spinach Leaves & Bathua and wash them properly with water. Place the leaves in a strainer so that all water is removed from the leaves. Cut the leaves into thick pieces and put them in the cooker, then add Garlic, Green Chillies, Salt and 1 small bowl of water and cook for 7 – 8 mins
- Take out the mixture from the cooker, cool them off and grind in a mixer (do not make it excessively fine)
- Take Desi Ghee in Kadai / Pan add Ginger and cook for 1 -2 mins or till the Ginger gets light brown, then add Makki ka Atta and cook for 1 – 2 mins
- Add Saag into the Kadai & boil for 5 mins on low flame
- Take out Saag in a bowl, put white butter or Ghee on top.
For Makki di Roti :
Ingredients : 750 gms Cornmeal (Makki Ka Atta), Salt to taste (optional) & Ajwain (Optional)
- Add salt in cornmeal and mix well. Add warm water and knead to make a medium soft dough. Divide the dough into equal portions and shape into balls like we do for making chapatis. Pat each ball between dampened palms to make a roti of medium thickness. Alternatively, cover the Chakla / Rolling Board with foil sheet & roll out each ball and make roti
- Heat a tawa and place a roti on it. Cook on moderate heat till one side is half-done. Turn over and spread some ghee over the surface. Turn over and spread some more ghee on the other side. Cook till both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot Sarson ka Saag with Makke ki Roti.